Monday, February 18, 2008

Detachment of the mind eases the pain

For the past several days I have had a severe headache. I guess you really can’t call it a headache...it’s beyond that...more of a intense migraine. I’ve had migraines off and on since I was a teen....they come without warning, and no matter what I take for it, it only dulls the pain temporarily. I was prescribed Imtrex which worked after taking 4 to 5 over several hours, it would ease the pain enough that I could tolerate leaving the darkness of my room. But I ran out about a year ago and haven’t been to the doctor for more. So, today I’m dealing with very bright lights causing a sharp pain to shoot between my eyes, noises sounding like they are being amplified through a tube directly into my ears, and waves of nausea floating up and down, up and down though my intestinal track.

My only happy thought is that it should go away in another day or two. When I don’t have any (whoa...a shockwave just washed over me, making me dizzy as hell) prescription meds to take, the migraine will usually go away in about a week. Anyway, I hope that it does...okay enough at attempting to write...I need to go lay back down...head is pounding.

No comments: