Saturday, August 25, 2007

A Bug Joke

A few days ago, I woke up from a nap with a searing pain in my right ear. My eardrum felt as if it was vibrating and suffering from some sort of spasm. After shaking my head around for a couple of minutes and trying to stop the spasm by sticking my finger in my ear (bad idea), OUT CRAWLED A TINY BLACK BUG!!!

*shudder* and again still *shuddering*

For the next few days I continue to feel intermittent pain in that ear. It becomes so much of a problem that I begin to obsess that the bug that dropped from my ear, has laid it's eggs somewhere deep inside my ear canal. The more days that pass the more I begin to believe that I’m being eaten alive by tiny bug larvae.

GROSS GROSS GROSS EW EW EW!!! *shuddering again*

So when I woke at 6:30 this morning to the sensation of SOMETHING CRAWLING IN MY EAR, I freaked out and stumbled into the bathroom to KILL THE LARVAE TRYING TO EAT THROUGH TO MY BRAIN.

The first thing I saw was a bottle of peroxide, which I poured just a small amount into my ear.

Bad idea.
Peroxide bubbles.
Bubbles hit eardrum.
Bubbles hitting eardrum causes vertigo.
Vertigo causes me to fall onto the bathroom floor and twitch, unable to get up to pour alcohol into ear and stop the madness.

Eventually I managed to grab the alcohol off the counter and stop the bubbling.

If something is in my ear, it is now very clean and very drunk...

No comments: