Monday, December 31, 2018

Grief is just love with no place to go.


I was just reading an article about how to deal with the loss of a parent. It was a tough read because of all the emotions that come out when you allow yourself to go back to that time where your heart was being ripped out of your chest and you can't make sense out of anything. Losing anyone you love is tough, whether it’s family, a friend, or even a favorite pet. I feel so blessed to have had all the people and animals in my life that I lost this year.

I’ve learned there are no rules to grief. We can only succumb to it, surrender to it, let our hearts break open for the grief.  It is an ebb and flow, a dance of pain and love, a coming together only to once again fall apart. It is a feeling of overcoming, only to awake every single morning in the arms of grief once more. With time, the overcoming sadness, begins to fade. We are reminded that no person is ever truly alone. Those who passed on, whom we deeply loved, will echo within our thoughts, our words, and our hearts forever.  

I want to share a quote with you for anyone dealing with grief this past year:

“Grief, I’ve learned, is really just love. It’s all the love you want to give, but cannot. All that unspent love gathers up in the corners of your eyes, the lump in your throat, and in that hollow part of your chest. Grief is just love with no place to go.”

I wish you all peace and joy into the New Year, and may you all be granted 12 months of Happiness, Fun, Success, and Good Health. Stay safe my family and friends.

No comments: