Saturday, May 03, 2008

God Fucking Hates Me

My insomnia seems to be sticking around like a starving dog I’ve taken in, but at least for now my moods seem to be stable. It’s now almost 2:30am and I’m wide awake as if I just woke up from 10 hours of undisturbed sleep. Maybe a little writing about my day will help.

I didn’t go out tonight like I had planned, because last night I re-injured my right knee once again. I had went outside to check on the storms and noticed some of my trash had blown out of the trashcan. I was picking it up, when my right foot slid on a wet, slimy area near the sidewalk and down I fucking went like a brick being dropped from a 50 story building. At first the pain was so intense that I thought I would have to lay there until someone came along, but that soon turned into an embarrassing thought.

Took me a minute to recover enough to drag myself up off the ground and into the garage. After making it into the house, my only happy thought was that it was around midnight and no one hopefully saw it happen. I made it to my bedroom where I quickly found a pain pill and swallowed it without a drink.

Today I’ve been walking around slowly, but at least its not quite as bad as I first thought it was going to be. My calf muscle feels like I’ve walked 20 miles without stopping for a break, and there is some swelling behind and around my knee. It’s enough pain that I won’t feel like moving around much for a couple days.

Guess it’s just another one of God’s hands slapping me in the face...or knee as the case may be. He must really hate me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hope you get to feeling better...hit me up